Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Himalyan Trekking Expedition to Saurkundi Pass


Finally my dream come true and I could go for a trekking expedition to Himalayas. This was a trekking expedition arranged by YHAI (Youth Hostel Association of India).

I was alone when I decided and registered for the program. But, I was desperate to go for trekking and that too in Himalayas. After reaching at base camp I met 4 more participants in my batch from Mumbai. One of the person was 50 years of age. That encouraged me and gave me confidence as I was going for trekking after 25 years and at the age of 41.

In next 10-12 days from 27th April to 7th May I made a lot of friends from across India who were part of our group as well as some from other groups who went for trekking before us. Also, I made good friendship with some camp leaders and our field director Mr. Prasad Gogate.

All the organizers at YHAI work voluntarily. The program was well organised, adventurous and enjoyable. Also, we were served very good vegitarian food which was hygenic and stomach friendly, unless to overdo with it :).

Have a glance at our photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment